For this recipe you will need cannabis butter. There are several ways to make cannabis butter – some recipes take less than an hour, while other methods take several hours or even a few days. The difference in method is in potency.
For this recipe, feel free to use any cannabis butter recipe you prefer, but beware of portion sizing – 10 mg per person is an appropriate dose.
Adapted from: Coveteur
Yield: 60 servings (each 10 mg dose)
- ¼ cup ground or finely chopped cannabis
- ½ cup regular butter
- Strainer of your choice (e.g. metal strainer, coffee filter, cheesecloth)
- Mason jar with sealed lid
- Using a double boiler or a small saucepan, melt the butter on low heat. Slowly mix in the greens, stirring frequently. Small bubbles at the edges will start to form. Be sure to scrape the sides and continue mixing on and off for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes, and continue to stir. Place the strainer of your choice over the opening of the mason jar, and pour the mixture through the strainer into the jar. Squeeze any excess butter through the top of the strainer and discard the extracted greens. This straining process can be done 2-3 times depending on how clear you would like your extract to be.
- Seal with lid and immediately chill in the refrigerator.
Adapted from: Coveteur
Yield: 15 cups (35 total servings, each approx. 1/3 cup)
- 3 tbsp cannabis butter (recipe above)
- 2 tbsp regular butter
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ tsp vanilla
- 10 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar, divided
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 quart-sized Ziploc bags
- Measure out 10 cups of Rice Chex Cereal in large bowl.
- Pour 1 cup of powdered sugar into each of the two Ziploc bags.
- Melt 3 tbsp of cannabis butter and 2 tbsp of regular butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Mix in peanut butter and chocolate chips until well blended. Mix until creamy with no lumps, but do NOT over-cook.
- Remove from heat. Mix in vanilla and add a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Pour butter mixture over the Chex while stirring, making sure to coat each piece evenly. Don’t worry if some of the pieces crumble.
- Divide the Chex mixture into the two Ziploc bags that have powdered sugar in them. Add in the remaining 1.5 cups of powdered sugar into the bags and shake to coat.
- If chunking occurs, break the chunks into smaller pieces and add some additional powdered sugar.
- Sprinkle with sea salt. Serve by 1/3 cup portions.
- After you have your first serving, wait at least 1½ hours before consuming more (2 hours to be safe!).
Mail Order Marijuana at Doobdasher
Doobdasher offers a safe and secure mail order marijuana service for users across Canada. Shop now and use the coupon code “doob10” to get 10% off your first order!